WIA Emerging Female Scholarship
WIA Orlando is devoted to increasing the visibility and viability of women in architecture. WIA has developed this scholarship to aid deserving female architecture professionals in achieving licensure. This scholarship will be awarded to one Emerging Female Professional who is currently working towards licensure. This annual scholarship provides funds for 1 ARE exam that can be used towards testing fees, study materials, or other testing related costs. Award Winner receives a onetime $235 dollar stipend towards testing fees, study materials or other testing related costs.
Winner must send a receipt(s) of purchase within 3 months of award to prove use of funds.
Eligible candidates must be eligible to begin testing at time of award and live in the AIA Orlando Chapter territory. The winner will be announced during the WIA Annual Holiday Party on 12/08/2020.
How to Enter
- One essay of 500 words maximum describing why you want to become licensed and pursue the architecture profession
- Proof of eligibility to begin testing (screenshot of ability to buy a testing seat)
- Submission deadline is 11/29/2020 at 11:59pm
- Entry package must be submitted as one PDF file (max 6MB)
• Eligibility to test
• Professional Degree in Architecture
• Persuasive Essay
WIA Chair & Co-Chair will narrow submissions to 3 Finalists who will be voted on by the WIA Committee at their monthly meeting before the Annual Holiday Party.
Samantha Scime, Assoc. AIA