Baker Barrios Architects is seeking a Construction Administrator for our downtown Orlando office.
Baker Barrios is a commercial planning and design firm with core practice areas in architecture, interior design, landscape architecture and structural engineering. The firm services ten vertical markets including corporate and commercial, education, entertainment, healthcare, hospitality, industrial, mixed-use, multi-family residential, retail, and sports and recreation. Since 1993, Baker Barrios continues to enrich communities by providing the next generation of design for emerging and established brands.
- Coordinate construction phase services with architects, engineers, owners, contractors and construction managers.
- Attend job site meetings representing the firm.
- Job site observations and monitors the progress of construction activities.
- Prepare field reports and punch lists.
- Research code issues and work with authorities having jurisdiction.
- Coordinate and manage response to RFI.
- Quality Control/Quality Assurance Reviews of construction documents.
- Ability to identify and manage relatively high risk field issues.
- Coordinate, manage and review of submittals and shop drawings.
- Coordinate, manage and review construction change orders and pay applications.
- Maintenance of client relationships.
Essential job requirements:
- 5+ years of experience in Architecture or Construction Administration.
- Familiar with construction & job site activities.
- Ability to communicate well across all levels.
- Knowledge of codes and the ability to read drawings.
- Ability to work in a deadline driven environment.
- The following certifications/licenses preferred but not required: ICC Commercial Building Inspector, Florida Commercial Building Inspector, LEED AP.
- Microsoft Office, NewForma, CAD and/or REVIT experience a plus.
We value those with strong work ethics and commitment to quality. Please visit our website at www.BakerBarrios.com/careers to apply online.