Architectural Associate (Experienced)
- Responsible for preparing presentation drawings and models and developing designs and technical solutions throughout all phases of a project. Become involved in coordination for internal team members and consultants.
- Develop a project’s program into alternative conceptual design proposals. Participate and contribute to design discussions, idea generation, and design work in drawing, model and 3D image formats.
- Generate revisions and corrections from outline mock-ups, redlined drawings and project document sets.
- Attend client meetings to observe the overall process and develop presentation skills.
- Participate in construction site visits to better understand the construction process.
- Recognize and document conflicts that arise during construction and development, and offer alternatives to resolve these issues.
- Bachelor’s or Master's degree in architecture required. Master's degree in architecture preferred.
- Two years recent and relevant architectural experience required, three or more years of experience preferred. Previous project experience in one of Flad’s market segments preferred.
- Portfolio that demonstrates a high level of skill in design thinking and presentation media required.
- Proficiency in Rhino or Sketch Up, and 3D rendering software required. Intermediate Revit knowledge required; have used Revit for at least two years in academic and professional settings. Expert Revit knowledge preferred.
- Experience with AutoCAD, Grasshopper, Dynamo, Power Bi, and Adobe Creative Suite preferred.
- LEED accreditation preferred.
Only candidates who submit work samples will be considered.
Flad Architects is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Flad will provide equal opportunity to all individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. Qualified applicants should apply online: